The Touro Infirmary Foundation, founded in 1991, is a charitable organization benefiting Touro Infirmary, the only not-for-profit, faith-based, full service community hospital in New Orleans. Founded in 1852 by Judah Touro, a prominent Jewish philanthropist, Touro Infirmary serves the community as a premier, diverse, multi-specialty hospital, caring for the sick regardless of race, color, creed, religious affiliation, or ability to pay.
The Foundation supports the hospital’s mission of commitment to patient care, health education and community service through leadership, resource development and financial stewardship. Funds donated to the Foundation are used to support ongoing initiatives, expand services and facilities for patients, and provide the highest quality healthcare.
The Importance of Philanthropy
Philanthropy is the cornerstone of Touro Infirmary, and thanks to the generous contributions of our donors, it continues to be an essential resource for the hospital. Every aspect of Touro Infirmary's proud heritage -- from outstanding patient care, to health education and community outreach -- has been enhanced by its legacy of support.
Through the efforts of the Foundation and with generous support our donors, Judah Touro’s vision of community service, begun nearly 160 years ago, is still evident today. The generosity of our donors ensures that this vision will remain strong for years to come.
Along with supporting ongoing initiatives, expanding services and facilities for patients, and providing the highest quality healthcare in our community, donations to the Foundation offer tremendous support to several of Touro Infirmary’s centers of excellence: