Spinal Cord Injury
| Brain Injury
| General Rehab
| Neuro Rehab
| Back in Action
| TRC at Woldenberg Village
TRC’s General Rehabilitation Program admits patients with physical, cognitive, developmental, communication or psychosocial dysfunction and/or safety issues, which are expected to be remedied by interventions utilizing rehabilitation professionals. Patients being admitted to the General Rehabilitation Program must satisfy the following admission criteria.
- Close medical supervision by a physician with specialized training in rehabilitation.
- Twenty-four hour availability of a registered nurse with specialized training or experience in rehabilitation.
- Relatively intense level of rehabilitation services (3 hours/day, no less than 5 days/week). These services should be delivered by physical and occupational therapists and when needed speech therapists.
- Require a coordinated interdisciplinary team approach to delivery of program. The Team may include a rehab physician, consulting physicians, rehab nurses, physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist, respiratory therapist, case manager, rehab counselor, therapeutic recreational specialist, neuropsychologist, respiratory therapist and dietician as needed.
- Demonstrate the potential for significant improvement.
- Have realistic goals requiring inpatient rehab.
- Cannot be treated in a less intensive setting (i.e., SNF; home health, outpatient).
- Patient must be at least 16 years old.
- Patients must have family/social support and an anticipated discharge plan.
General Rehabilitation referrals have to be approved for admission by a PM&R physician on staff at Touro Rehab Center. Approval for admission is based on diagnosis, medical condition, rehabilitation goals, funding requirements and anticipated discharge disposition.
For additional information on referring a patient to our general rehabilitation program, please call (504) 897-8565 or email GeneralRehabilitationProgram@touro.com.