Touro Laboratory Services is a full service reference laboratory that operates a convenient outpatient draw station located inside the hospital on the third floor. The goal of Touro Laboratory Services is to provide convenient, courteous and reliable lab services for physicians and patients with prompt turn-around times.
Touro provides comprehensive clinical and anatomic pathology services. Testing services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week through inpatient, outpatient and outreach services.
Patients have access to experienced and highly skilled technical and support personnel including certified medical technologists, cytotechnologists, histologists, phlebotomists, customer service personnel, transcriptionists and administrative personnel.
The Touro Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, the American Associations of Blood Banks and the Joint Commission.
Touro Laboratory Services include:
- Bacteriology - Bacteriology uses the latest techniques, including PCR to identify pathogens. Susceptibility testing is performed to determine appropriate treatment options.
- Blood Bank - The Blood Bank stores life-saving blood and testing is performed to determine blood types and the presence of antibodies. Blood is also cross-matched to ensure donor and patient compatibility.
- Clinical Chemistry - Blood and body fluids are analyzed on our state-of-the-art automated chemistry line for components such as glucose or cholesterol to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of a patient’s condition and to monitor individualized care.
- Cytology - Cytology includes evaluating pap smears or screening cells from body fluids for abnormalities and/or cancer. Touro Infirmary operates the only automated pap smear instrumentation in the metropolitan area.
- Hematology - Includes blood cell evaluation and ability of blood to clot.
- Histopathology - Specimens and tissues removed during surgery are examined to determine the absence or presence and nature of disease.
Touro Laboratory Services
1401 Foucher St., Third Floor
Phone: (504) 897-8524
Fax: (504) 897-8313
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday