Remote Access to Touro Infirmary’s Web-based Clinical Systems
Follow these simple steps to gain access to Touro’s web-based clinical systems:
1) Contact Touro Infirmary’s Physician Services Department at (504) 897-8379 to request remote access to our web-based clinical applications. A brief explanation of these applications is below.
The first time you attempt remote log-in, you may have to download a small executable file to your computer. If this is necessary, a message will appear on the lower right-hand side of the screen. Hint: make sure you have administrative rights to download software to your computer or the file may not be downloaded properly and prevent you from gaining remote access.
2) Once you have received your username and password* information, go to http://remote.touro.com/.
3) Type in your remote access ID and password*.
4) Click on the appropriate icon to launch the desired application.
4) Type in the appropriate username and password* for the desired application.
* Please note that all passwords are case sensitive. Registered users are required to select a password between 6 - 14 characters consisting of at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter and one number. Users must change their passwords every 90 days. If your password is expired or your access is disabled, please contact the Information Services Help Desk at (504) 897-7911 to have your account(s) reset.
Please click on the links below to launch tutorials for each application:
Net Access Users Guide: Touro’s clinical patient information system.
SoftMed Users Guide: Enables physicians to electronically sign reports dictated into Touro’s dictation system. Please note that verbal/telephone/handwritten entries on the medical record must still be manually signed.
If you have any questions or experience any further difficulties, or if you would like to access Touro's online applications, please contact Physician Services at (504) 897-8379, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.