Older adults and their caregivers often require additional support with the everyday challenges of aging. Touro provides continuity of care for seniors at Woldenberg Village, offering a variety of living accommodations, services and programs to meet the varied needs of seniors at different life stages.
In both the hospital and the outpatient setting, our senior services target specific needs such as:
- Special concerns of later life including incontinence, falls and mobility and memory problems
- Social and environmental issues
- Preventive services & behaviors
- Caregiver and family concerns
Additional Senior Services offered by Touro include:
- Driver Assessment Program – A specially trained Touro occupational therapist offers patients a clinical screening, an in-car evaluation and diver’s training with adapted equipment for both new and experienced drivers. Recommendations regarding performance, future needs, adaptive equipment (if needed) and suggested therapy or activities that may be useful are prepared for the client and the referring physician. For more information and client criteria, please call (504) 897-8559 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Fall Prevention Education – Touro is dedicated to educating older adults on the importance of fall prevention by providing free community outreach seminars. To learn more about fall prevention education or to register for an upcoming fall prevention seminar, please contact Lillian O’Cain, LOTR, CAPS at (504) 897-7528 or email Lillian.Ocain@touro.com or contact the Touro Marketing Office at (504) 897-8500.
- CarFit – A team of trained professionals works with each participant to ensure they “fit” their vehicle properly for maximum comfort and safely. A CarFit check takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Call (504) 897-8500 for more information or to register for an upcoming CarFit event.
- Prime Years Program – Touro's Prime Years is a program designed to help adults age 55+ lead a healthy and active lifestyle. Click here to learn more or to join today.
- Seniors can enjoy weekly fitness classes and a discounted rate at the Touro Wellness Center
- Outpatient Rehab Services – Touro’s Back in Action program provides orthopaedic rehabilitation to help patients resume home, community and work activities, prevent injury and control pain. Click here to learn more.
Please click the links above for more detailed information about these programs.