The Touro Wellness Center staff has more than 30 years experience in the health field. They are knowledgeable in all areas of health and fitness including cardiovascular exercise, muscular toning, weight control and stress management.
The Wellness Center’s goal is to help members achieve their fitness goals. The Wellness Center offers a variety of fitness classes including Low Impact Aerobics and Strength Training, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 p.m. in Touro’s Presidents Room. The Center also offers a personal trainer on staff who can work one-on-one with members.
A variety of workout equipment is available to meet your fitness needs, including:
- 12 treadmills
- 7 Schwinn Airdyne exercycles
- 3 Lifecycles (1 recumbent)
- 3 Biocycles
- 6 Concept II rowing ergometers
- 4 Stepmill Stairmasters
- 2 Precor Elliptical X-Trainers
- 14 Paramount weight stations
- 1 Tectrix Stair Stepper
- 4 Monark Upper Body Ergometers
- Free weights
- Co-ed hot tub
A Wellness Center membership includes:
- Completion and review of personal health assessment
- Discussion of fitness goals
- Cardiovascular orientation and exercise prescription
- Weight machine orientation (if requested)
- Diet Diary Review (if requested)
- Body composition analysis
How to become a member:
Contact the Wellness Center at (504) 897-8186.
The staff will be glad to provide additional information, pricing and schedule a tour.
Touro Wellness Center
1401 Foucher St., 5th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70115
Phone: (504) 897-8186
Hours: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Saturday