Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 – 10oz Bag Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 small container of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 - 5oz container of Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream (can swap for cream cheese if desired)
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- Pepper to taste
- Carrots, Bell Peppers, Celery or Whole Wheat Crackers
- Thaw, drain and squeeze frozen spinach dry.
- Combine Spinach, Artichoke Hearts, Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic and Pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Serve with Carrots, Bell Peppers, Celery, and/or Whole Wheat Crackers.
Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash Peppers, cut tops off and cut in half, remove seeds, place on sheet pan.
- Heat saucepan on medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and Minced Garlic, then combine Ground Turkey, sauté until cooked through. Drain grease and set aside.
- In a bowl combine Parmesan Cheese, Egg, Turkey Mixture, Red Pepper Flakes, and seasoning together.
- Spoon Stuffing Mixture into Peppers, place on sheet pan and cook in oven for 15 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup of Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup of Quick Oats
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- ¼ Cup Bitter Sweet Chocolate chips
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk Egg with Yogurt and Brown Sugar
- Blend in Oats and Flaxseed
- Add Chocolate Chips
- Coat 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cut into bars and enjoy
Sarah Newton, MS, RD, LDN is a clinical dietitian with an advanced degree in nutrition providing medical nutrition therapy for both inpatients and outpatients at Touro. She graduated from Louisiana State University and furthered her education with a Master’s of Science and internship from University of Southern Mississippi.