It's Summertime, and here is a healthy take on a party favorite. It will definitely be a crowd-favorite at your next pool party!
- 1 – 10oz Bag Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 small container of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 - 5oz container of Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup of Sour Cream (can swap for cream cheese if desired)
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- Pepper to taste
- Carrots, Bell Peppers, Celery or Whole Wheat Crackers
- Thaw, drain and squeeze frozen spinach dry.
- Combine Spinach, Artichoke Hearts, Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic and Pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Serve with Carrots, Bell Peppers, Celery, and/or Whole Wheat Crackers.
*Recipe modified from allrecipes.com
Sarah Newton is a Registered Dietitian with an advanced degree in nutrition. She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Louisiana State University, then furthered her education with a Master’s of Science and internship from University of Southern Mississippi. Sarah works to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for both inpatients and outpatients at Touro. She has a strong passion for nutrition and bettering one’s health through lifestyle changes.