As an Accredited Geriatric Emergency Department, Touro’s approach to geriatric care allows us to provide extraordinary, customized care to our senior patients. Seniors who visit our emergency department can be assured that the facility has the necessary expertise, equipment, and personnel in place to provide exceptional care.
Touro’s Emergency Department has earned Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA) from the American College of Emergency Physicians. The first hospital in Louisiana to earn this distinction.
Touro’s Senior Emergency Department features friendly enhancements to provide care specially designed for patients over 65:
- Specially trained geriatric clinicians
- Collaborative care model with all specialties
- Higher-level beds that make it easier to get in and out
- Mattresses to prevent bedsores and skin irritation
- Slip-resistant flooring and expansive fall prevention measures
- Larger clocks, whiteboards, and room signage to make it easier to read
- Landscape lighting and sound resistant rooms
Learn more at touro.com/emergency