Lime Shrimp Kebabs
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked, deveined
- 3 large limes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 10 small white-button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
- In a glass measuring cup, squeeze limes, yielding 1/4 cup of juice. Add the garlic, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro and stir.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and pour the cilantro lime marinade over the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Alternate cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp on four skewers.
- Grill the skewers over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the shrimp are just cooked through.
Yield: two servings, about 1 cup per person
Each serving provides: 160 calories, 6 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 17 g total carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, and 15 g protein.