Knowing the warning signs of a cardiovascular condition – such as a heart attack or a stroke—can be a lifesaver in the event of an emergency.
The most common symptoms of a heart attack is chest pain described as:
BEFAST in knowing the signs of a stroke:
- B – Balance – loss of balance
- E – Eyes – Blurred or double vision
- F – Face – Numbness or weakness in the face
- A- Arm – Numbness or weakness in arm or leg
- S - Speech – Difficulty speaking
- T - Time to call 9-1-1 – If symptoms occur suddenly, and you have severe dizziness or headaches, call 911 immediately.
For more information on Touro's Senior Care services and wellness tips on healthy aging, visit touro.com/seniorcare.