Healthy Living Sarah Newton, MS, RD, CNSC
March is celebrated as National Nutrition Month®, and this year the key message from The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is to ‘Personalize your plate.’
How can you ‘Personalize your plate’?
- Add variety – include food from all food groups into your daily eating plan.
- Mix in color – add colorful fruits and vegetables to meals to brighten them up and soak in key vitamins and minerals.
- Incorporate seafood – fish and shellfish are abundant in omega 3 fatty acids which are beneficial for heart health.
- Try a meatless meal – make vegetables the star of your dish.
- Snack smarter – plan and portion snacks ahead of time, choosing nutritious food items.
- Experiment – try a new cuisine or food item you have not tried before.
For more information visit eatright.org/nnm