- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup or 3 oz.)
- 2 large white mushrooms, diced (a little more than 1/2 cup or about 2 oz.)
- 3 oz. frozen broccoli, thawed and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large, precooked chicken sausage (about 3 oz.), diced
- 5 egg whites, whisked
- 2 tbsp. low-fat feta cheese
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/8tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat nonstick skillet over high heat for one minute.
- Remove from heat, spray with olive oil spray, then return to stove. Add onions, and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook for 30 seconds, then add mushrooms, and cook for 30 more seconds. Add broccoli and sausage, cook for 30 to 60 seconds more. Let cool slightly.
- Spray six portions of a muffin tin with olive oil spray. Stir together egg whites, vegetable and sausage mixture, feta cheese, green onions, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour into six tins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until casseroles are set.
Makes three servings. A serving is two individual casseroles. Each serving contains about 110 calories, 1.46 g fat (0.49 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 19.9 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 9.56 g carbohydrates, 5.83 g sugar, 1 g fiber, and 14 g protein.