First time grandparents, a lot has changed in newborn care over the last few decades! From tummy time to safe sleeping (back only), and swaddling to car seat safety, we are here to teach you the basics.
Learn how to best support your children as new parents and feel refreshed in newborn care skills that you will quickly put to use as doting grandparents.
The FREE Grandparenting 101 class will cover:
- Current trends in childbirth and updated standards on infant care
- A tour of the Family Birthing Center at Touro to learn important information for families
- Important vaccination information for Grandparents and caregivers
- Advice for new grandparents
- Trends in parenting
- Raising children and conflicts in discipline styles
- How to best support your children as new parents
- What helps vs. what doesn't help when the baby arrives
- Clarifying expectations to maintain relationships
Light refreshments will be provided.
Parking in the Prytania and Delachaise Street garages will be validated.
Contact Info: 504.897.8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link below to register or call 504.897.7319.