Touro Remote Net Access
Access to Touro Infirmary’s web-based clinical systems
For physician and medical staff convenience, Touro’s web-based clinical systems can be accessed outside of our medical facilities.
Follow these simple steps to gain access to these systems:
- Contact Touro Infirmary’s Physician Services Department at 504.897.8392 to request remote access to our web-based clinical applications. The first time you attempt remote log in, you may have to download a small executable file to your computer. If this is necessary, a message will appear on the lower right-hand side of the screen. Hint: make sure you have administrative rights to download software to your computer or the file may not be downloaded properly and prevent you from gaining remote access.
- Once you have received your username and password* information, go to https://gateway.touro.com/.
- Type in your remote access ID and password*.
- Click on the appropriate icon to launch the desired application.
- Type in the appropriate username and password* for the desired application.
* Please note that all passwords are case sensitive. Registered users are required to select a password between 6 - 14 characters consisting of at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter and one number. Users must change their passwords every 90 days. If your password is expired or your access is disabled, please contact the Information Services Help Desk at 504.897.7911 to have your account(s) reset.
Physicians can also access Touro’s SoftMed Users Guide, which enables physicians to electronically sign reports dictated into Touro’s dictation system. Please note that verbal/telephone/handwritten entries on the medical record must still be manually signed.
Other Touro applications
- PACS (Picture Archive Communication System): Touro has updated its Radiology department with a Picture Archive Communication System (PACS). PACS replaces hardcopy-based means of managing medical images by converting radiography images to a digital format (termed computed radiography, or CR). The software allows practitioners at various physical locations to access the same information simultaneously, improving our workflows in Radiology to better meet the needs of the hospital and referring community. To request access to PACS or for more information, contact Eric Silbernagel, PACS Administrator, at 504.897.8380, or at email@example.com
- Office Facilitator: Touro would also like to remind physicians they can request access to SCI Solution's Order Facilitator, a free web-based tool that provides a quick and efficient method for sending and receiving orders and referrals. If you would like to register for access to Order Facilitator or for more information, please contact Susan Martin, System Manager, at 504.897.8788.