The Bensadon Physicians Giving Society
Join the Bensadon Society today which includes 2 tickets to the 2019 Touro Infirmary Foundation Gala .
About Dr. Bensadon
Dr. Joseph Bensadon was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He was Judah Touro’s personal physician and the first house surgeon of Touro Infirmary.
The Bensadon Physicians Giving Society is a philanthropic group of physicians with the same vision – patients come first. This Society exists to help further the mission of the Touro Infirmary Foundation and its reach and impact of our patients. The group annually bestows the Murrel H. Kaplan, M.D. Compassionate Physician Award to an active Touro physician who demonstrates compassion, empathy, and respect for the patient as a whole person, and genuine care for the patient’s welfare, as well as compassion and respect for staff and their peers.
Physicians see first-hand the needs of our patient population. Whether it’s an updated unit or area that houses state of the art technology that will provide more advanced treatment for our patients or vital equipment needed for care that our patients cannot afford and that insurance will not cover, this Society allows a direct line to make a difference in the way care is delivered.
Membership levels & benefits
- Recognition as both a Bensadon Society AND Judah Touro Society Member.
- Listing on Donor Wall to be hung on wall at Touro
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Bensadon Physician Giving Society Dinner. Enjoy dinner and merriment with your fellow physicians and vote on how to utilize the Bensadon Fund annually.
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Silver Scope Soiree, where we bestow the Kaplan Compassionate Physician Award.
- Four complimentary tickets to Family Event
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Touro Foundation Gala
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER
Funds raised throughout the year from the Society are designated for programming, resources, education, and improvements that have direct physician input.
Physicians advisory council
The Physicians Advisory Council is a subcommittee of the Touro Infirmary Foundation Board. It is comprised of Touro Infirmary (and affiliated) physicians who provide advice and counsel on Touro’s physician-focused fundraising initiatives. For more information, please contact the Foundation at 504.897.8435 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.