Judah Touro Society
Supporting Touro Infirmary
Named for the 19th century philanthropist and founder of Touro Infirmary, the Judah Touro Society is composed of benefactors whose generosity and dedication to the values and mission of Touro Infirmary place them among the hospital’s strongest and most committed supporters.
The Judah Touro Society Award is given annually to a living individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the welfare of Touro Infirmary. The award may be given to an honorary board member, a past chairman, a member of the medical staff, a volunteer, or an employee.
For more information about the Judah Touro Society membership, please contact the Foundation at 504.897.8435. Click here to make an online donation.
Membership & recognition
By participating in annual giving programs at the $1,500 level and above, Judah Touro Society members are essential partners in Touro’s mission to improve not only the health and well-being of our community, but also to restore our region. All members of the Judah Touro Society receive special benefits including invitations to the annual Judah Touro Society Reception, an acknowledgment nameplate on the Judah Touro Society Donor Wall in the hospital, and acknowledgment in Touro Infirmary Foundation publications.
Named for the historic New Orleans streets that surround Touro Infirmary, these giving levels recognize various levels of support:
- St. Charles: $100,000.00 and above
- Louisiana: $50,000.00 - $99,999.99
- Foucher: $25,000.00 - $49,999.99
- Prytania: $10,000.00 - $24,999.99
- Delachaise: $5,000.00 - $9,999.99
- Coliseum: $2,500.00 - $4,999.99
- Aline: $1,500.00 - $2,499.99
- Judah Touro Society Membership: $1500+
Judah Touro Society award recipients
Dr. Gary R. Glynn is our 2019 Judah Touro Society Recipient.
Past Judah Touro Society Award recipients include:
- 2020 - The Entire Touro Staff honoring their fight against COVID-19
- 2019 - Gary R. Glynn, M.D.
- 2018 - Allan Bissinger*
- 2017 - Tom Oelsner, M.D.
- 2016 - Stephen H. Kupperman
- 2015 - Jay Shames, M.D.
- 2014 - Harris Hyman III, M.D. and Salvador Caputto, M.D.
- 2013 - Margaret Epstein
- 2012 - Marvin "Buddy" Jacobs*
- 2011 - Michael A. Berenson*
- 2010 - Paul S. Rosenblum
- 2009 - Catherine C. Kahn
- 2008 - Lawrence J. Israel*
- 2007 - Raja W. Dhurandhar, M.D.*
- 2006 - Victor E. Tedesco, IV, M.D.
- 2005 - Joseph E. Friend
- 2004 - Janie Bories
- 2003 - Mrs. Louise L. Levy*
- 2002 - George R. Cary, Jr. M.D.
- 2001 - Roger Bissinger*
- 2000 - Robert B. Haspel, M.D.*
- 1999 - Albert Mintz*
- 1998 - Mrs. Jimmy Heymann*
- 1997 - Merryl Israel Aron*
- 1996 - Daniel W. Goldman, M.D.*
- 1995 - Mrs. James Frank, Jr.*
- 1994 - William Leon, M.D.*
- 1993 - Walter M. Barnett*
- 1992 - Allan M. Goldman, M.D.*
- 1991 - Frank Friedler, Sr.*
- 1990 - Leone S. Marks*
- 1989 - Stephen Goldring*