Advance your nursing career
Nurses seeking certification from any qualifying certifying organizations may be eligible for payment of the registration fee for initial certification and for recertification examinations.
Harry T. Howard Nursing Education Fellowships
Available to nurses to pay off student loan debt incurred to acquire a RN degree. Incoming Touro RN new hires could apply for the Fellowship under the following criteria: Graduated from a local nursing school program in the Greater New Orleans area. Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a clinical instructor (full-time or adjunct) who can address the applicant’s academic proficiency, commitment to excellence in clinical practice, and level of care, compassion, integrity, and respect.
- Tuition reimbursement available for full-time employees through Human Resources
- Certification classes and tests have to be approved by Human Resources
- Grades to maintain–Undergrad: C or better; Graduate: B or better
- Total $3,000.00 a year–broken in to $1,500 per semester
RN Loan Repayment Program
- A tiered program for full-time RNs that will assist up to $15,000 in loan repayment assistance
- Current RNs with 0-3 years of LCMC Health experience will receive $150/month
- RNs with 3+ years LCMC Health experience will receive $250/month
Memorial Clinics Daycare Scholarship
Through the generous support of Memorial Clinics, the Touro Infirmary Foundation is able to offer a scholarship program for families who utilize childcare. Currently, 37 scholarships are available. Those who qualify and are selected for the scholarship program will receive funding assistance up to $2,400 for a calendar year. Scholarship funding is paid monthly at a rate of $200 per month. Scholarships must be applied for annually. Scholarships are need-based.
Mini Grants Programs
Have an idea to improve the patient experience, enhance your work environment, or help the community? Apply for a mini-grant for up to $5,000 in funding for your idea. All money for the mini-grants program is raised through the Employee Giving Campaign.