Raja W. Dhurandhar, M.D. Cardiology Award
The Raja W. Dhurandhar, M.D. Cardiology Award was established in recognition of Dr. Dhurandhar’s 49-year medical career and commitment to medical education and mentorship of many of New Orleans’ aspiring doctors. The award is given annually to an outstanding second year cardiology resident selected by the Chief of Cardiovascular Services at Touro. This award funds continuing education, such as medical conference attendance, and is underwritten by gifts made in Dr. Dhurandhar’s honor to the Touro Cardiology Fund.
Past Dhurandhar Award Recipients
- 2008 – Jaligam Vijayend, M.D.
- 2009 – Frank Wilklow, M.D.
- 2010 – Christopher Daniels, M.D.
- 2011 – Camelia C. Ilie, M.D.
- 2012 – Siby Ayaloore, M.D.
- 2013 – William P. Abide, M.D.
- 2014 – Davey L. Prout, M.D.
- 2015 – Dana Aiello, M.D.
- 2016 – Bashar Ababneh, M.D.
- 2017 – Allen Hoang, M.D.
- 2018 – Scott Laura, M.D.
- 2019 – Mehnaz Rahman, M.D.
- 2020 – Curley Bordelon, M.D.