New Orleans Radiation Therapy
Comprehensive radiation treatment at Touro
Touro's Radiation Oncology provides personal and state-of-the-art care with the most sophisticated radiation oncology technology. Treatment may include:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SAbR)/stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH)
- Radiopharmaceutical treatment
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
Touro’s radiation oncologists offer the most advanced treatment in the Gulf South in a sincere and heartfelt environment. They use the most superior techniques to achieve highly conformal dose distributions with improved tumor coverage and sparing of normal tissues.
Advanced radiation treatment for breast cancer
Align RT is a system which tracks a patient’s position before and during radiation therapy, and minimizes radiation heart and lung dose when used with Deep Inspiration Breath Hold. Touro and their physicians have more experience with this technique than other providers in the region. This system is utilized when treating breast cancer, lung cancer, and thoracic malignancies.
The physicians at Touro also specialize in the treatment of breast, head and neck, gynecologic, prostate, pediatric, CNS, lung, lymphoma and colorectal cancer. The department is accredited by the American College of Radiology.