Touro Senior Emergency Care
Louisiana's highest accredited Senior Emergency Room
As an Accredited Geriatric Emergency Department, Touro’s approach to senior care allows us to provide extraordinary, customized care to our senior patients. Seniors who visit our emergency department can be assured that the facility has the necessary expertise, equipment, and personnel in place to provide exceptional care.
Touro’s Emergency Department has earned Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA) from the American College of Emergency Physicians. The first hospital in Louisiana to earn this distinction.
What makes Touro's Senior Emergency Room extraordinary?
- Specially trained geriatric clinicians
- Adjustable beds that make it easier to get in and out of and reduces the risk for falls
- Mattresses to prevent bed sores and skin irritation
- Slip resistant flooring
- Larger clocks, whiteboards, and room signage to make it easier to read
- Landscape lighting and sound resistant rooms
- Collaborative care model with all specialties
Read the GEDA press release here.
Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) is an international nursing education and consultation program designed to improve geriatric care in healthcare organizations. This NICHE designation is a sign of Touro's dedication to providing patient-centered care for our senior patients.