The Touro Lactation Center provides resources & support for breastfeeding mothers
Breastfeeding is one of the most natural things a new mother experiences with her baby. Regardless if you delivered at Touro or another facility, Touro's lactation center offers you full-service breastfeeding support, from classes and one-on-one appointments with a lactation consultant to breastfeeding supplies and nursing bra fittings - all in one place.
If you plan to breastfeed, stop by the lactation center to get more information and all the supplies you'll need to breastfeed your newborn. We offer:
- Breast pumps for both purchase and rental. Rentals are available on a daily and monthly basis
- Pumping supplies
- Body pillows
- Nursing bras. Tip: The best time to get fitted is during your third trimester or during your postpartum stay at Touro.
2nd Floor, Main Hospital
Monday through Friday, 9 am-4 pm
Breastfeeding resources:Common questions about breastfeeding
Nutrition while breastfeeding
Is your baby having trouble latching on or sucking?
Find more breastfeeding resources in our Health Library.
What is a lactation consultant?
Touro’s certified lactation consultants are a source of information and encouragement. They provide specialized one-on-one care and instruction to help new mothers breastfeed successfully. Touro lactation consultants are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), a certification for health care professionals who specialize in the clinical management of breastfeeding and can help you with:
- Knowing if your baby is getting enough milk
- Teaching you how to nurse multiples or babies with special needs
- Training to pump and store milk safely
Learn your baby