New Orleans Wellness Center
Health & fitness resources at Touro
Touro is proud to offer a state-of-the-art wellness center equipped with the gear and tools you need to improve and maintain your overall health. Touro Wellness Center staff members have extensive experience and are knowledgeable in all areas of health and fitness including cardiovascular exercise, muscular toning, weight control, and stress management. The Wellness Center’s goal is to help members achieve their fitness goals.
A variety of workout equipment is available to meet your fitness needs, including:
- 11 treadmills
- 8 Schwinn Airdyne exercycles
- 4 Lifecycles (2 recumbent)
- 1 Biocycle
- 4 Concept II rowing ergometers
- 3 Stepmill Stairmasters
- 3 Precor Elliptical X-Trainers
- 14 Paramount weight stations
- 1 Tectrix Stair Stepper
- 4 Monark Upper Body Ergometers
- Free weights
The Wellness Center also offers a weekly fitness class including Low Impact Aerobics and Strength Training, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. in Touro’s Presidents Room.
Anyone in the community is welcome to become a member of the Wellness Center to have access to the space and the equipment.
A Wellness Center membership includes:
- Completion and review of personal health assessment
- Discussion of fitness goals
- Cardiovascular orientation and exercise prescription
- Weight machine orientation (if requested)
- Diet diary review (if requested)
- Body composition analysis
To become a member, contact the Wellness Center. Our staff will be glad to provide additional information, explain pricing, and help you schedule a tour.
How to become a member:
Contact the Wellness Center at 504.897.8186.
The staff will be glad to provide additional information, pricing and schedule a tour.
Touro Wellness Center
1401 Foucher St., 5th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70115
Hours: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Saturday