Billing at Touro
Paying your hospital bill
We know that understanding and paying your hospital bill can be challenging and stressful. At Touro, we make it easy to pay your bill with convenient online payment options and thoughtful bill formatting. We also accept many insurance policies and are here to help answer any questions you have about your bill.
Touro has updated our electronic medical records system. As a result, the bills you receive for services provided on or after April 7, 2018 will have a new appearance. If you have an outstanding payment on services received prior to April 7, 2018, you may continue to receive bill notices in the previous format.
To pay a bill for services rendered after April, 2018, please click here.
- You can find a guide to your new bill format and payment portal here, through our new patient portal: myLCMCHealth
- If you have not registered for myLCMCHealth and wish to register for an account and securely pay your bill online, you may sign up as a new user at the link above.
- personal check
- money order
- debit card
- credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
We thank you for choosing Touro Infirmary for your healthcare needs. As
part of our mission to provide comprehensive and quality care, Touro has
financial assistance programs to help our patients and their families
with their healthcare costs, regardless of their ability to pay. To find
out if you qualify for financial assistance, please
click here and contact one of our financial counselors.
Currently, providers who render services at Touro Infirmary have separate policies and practices related to billing and collection of patient balances. Patients should contact their providers with questions related to their financial responsibility.
Not sure what you owe? Still confused by your bill? Need help making a payment? Our Billing Office is here to help.
Please contact us by email at LCMC-CustomerService@LCMCHealth.org or by phone:
- For questions regarding bills for services prior to April, 2018, please call 504.702.4862
- For questions regarding bills for services on or after April, 2018, please call 504.702.4862
We are available to take your call Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
You can also mail the Patient Billing Office at the following address:
LCMC - SBO
P.O. Box 733679
Dallas, TX 75373-3679
Balance billing disclosure act
New Disclosure Requirements Effective August 1, 2017
Effective August 1, 2017, Louisiana Law states that all patients, when registering for services in a hospital or clinic, must be given and sign a new disclosure form – specifically the ACT 306/HB435 Regulatory Advisory. As a patient, you are being asked to review and sign this new disclosure form. This new form advises that you may receive a medical procedure or professional care from a physician or healthcare professional that will not be part of your hospital bill, and there is potential that these services may not be covered by your health insurance provider. As a result, you may be responsible for payment for all or part of these services. You are encouraged to contact your health plan to determine whether these independent physicians or healthcare professionals are covered by your health insurance.
Cost of Care
LCMC Health is committed to helping patients understand and prepare for the cost of their care. LCMC Health provides a list of charges for services provided at our facilities; however, a patient’s out-of-pocket responsibility for these charges will vary, depending on their insurance coverage and benefit plan. We understand that it is confusing for a patient to navigate through the many factors involved in their final cost. Please contact our Financial Assistance staff at (504) 702-3500 with any questions about a future service or a bill you have received.
The charges displayed only include hospital charges and do not include charges that are billed separately by the physician or other professional fees. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, as benefit plans vary greatly. Also, please note that the charges are accurate as of the date they are posted, but are subject to change.
To learn more about cost of care at your hospital, choose a different hospital from the links below:
IF YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE:
• Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
• Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect your financial responsibility to a hospital.
• The prices reflected on this site do not include charges for the physician or other professional fees, such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging or lab work.
• The prices reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts between your insurance company and the hospital.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICARE:
• Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses but not all of them.
• Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance coverage through your job or a spouse’s job.
• If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some costs that Medicare does not cover.
• The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit the website at www.mymedicare.gov.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID:
• Contact your local Medicaid office at 1-888-544-7996, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health to determine all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
• Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
IF YOU ARE UNINSURED:
• Please contact our Financial Assistance Department at (504) 702-3500 and ask about our payment policies.
• As required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), hospitals have a written financial assistance policy that includes eligibility criteria, the basis for calculating charges and the method for applying for financial assistance.
• Contact our Financial Assistance Department at (504) 702-3500 to determine if you meet the criteria for financial assistance.