Junior Volunteer Program
Touro’s Junior Volunteer Program offers students, ages 14 – 17, an educational and rewarding experience and the opportunity to serve patients, families, visitors and staff.
High school students who would like to participate must:
- Have their 14th birthday by June 4, 2019 and/or completed the 8th grade
- Complete and return the online form with a copy of their immunization records.
- Schedule an interview during spring/Easter break
- Commit to 50 hours of service, Summer 2019 - Exact dates to be determined.
- If accepted, attend mandatory health screening with a parent or guardian (Date: TBA), and half-day orientation.
Applications will be available and accepted in the Spring. To match the students’ skills and interests with the hospital’s needs, the staff will schedule interviews during the spring and/or Easter break.
For those unavailable at that time, interviews can also be scheduled after school.
For more information, contact Touro Volunteer Services at 504.897.8107.