- Family Liaisons: Volunteers in the surgery lounge maintain a comforting environment for families waiting on news about their loved one. Volunteers provide refreshments, reading materials and information about the hospital and surrounding area, while keeping visitors informed of a patient’s progress.
- Gift Shop: Volunteers assist customers with gift selection and check out, and the staff with displays and inventory. Proceeds from the Gift Shop operated by the Auxiliary benefit hospital improvement projects and the purchase of specialized equipment.
- Information, Please: For those who enjoy serving the public, the hospital’s information desks are an ideal location. These volunteers direct visitors throughout the facility, answer phones, give visitors patients’ room numbers and help locate doctors’ offices.
- Ambassadors: Touro ambassadors may be the first person a patient or family meets as they enter the hospital. These volunteers welcome, greet, direct, and accompany patients and guests throughout the hospital.
- Book Cart: Volunteers visit patients on hospital floors and clinical waiting areas providing reading materials from the Volunteer Services Library.
- Catholic Chaplaincy: These Eucharistic ministry volunteers complement the work of the Touro Chaplaincy staff by bringing communion to those who wish to receive the sacrament.
- Administrative: Volunteers assist the hospital’s administrative staff with copying, filing, data entry, and assembling educational materials. Each and every day volunteers make an invaluable contribution to the hospital’s day-to-day operations.
- Clinical: Volunteers help clinical staff by escorting patients to their rooms, transporting specimens, and communicating with patients and staff to improve service. Volunteers interested in medical careers serve in the emergency department, nursing units and the outpatient centers of the hospital.