New Orleans Senior Care
Assistance & resources for senior citizens
Older adults and their caregivers often require additional support with the everyday challenges of aging. Touro provides continuity of care for seniors at Woldenberg Village, a premier retirement community offering a variety of living accommodations, services, and programs to meet the varied needs of seniors at different stages of life.
In both the hospital and the outpatient setting, our senior care targets specific needs such as:
- Special concerns of later life including incontinence, falls, and mobility and memory problems
- Social and environmental issues
- Preventive services & behaviors
- Caregiver and family concerns
This comprehensive catalog of services addresses every concern and need you or your loved one may have. All of our senior services are provided with care and respect by trained professionals with extensive experience in the field.
Additional senior services offered by Touro include:
- Fall Prevention Education: Touro is dedicated to educating older adults on the importance of fall prevention by providing free community outreach seminars.
- Amazing Agers: You’ve spent your whole life working hard and preparing for your golden years, and now it’s time for you to enjoy them! Here at Touro we make sure that life doesn’t slow down as you age. Grab your friends and join us at one of our Amazing Agers programs where you’ll be able to participate in activities, health fairs, educational events, and socialize to help you live an extraordinary life after 65.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services: Touro’s Back in Action program provides orthopaedic rehabilitation to help patients resume home, community, and work activities; prevent injury; and control pain.
Heart and Vascular care
At Touro’s Heart and Vascular Clinic we are here to help you take steps to a healthier heart. Our cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons are some of the community’s most respected heart specialists, and we offer comprehensive services – from routine checkups to advanced therapies and cardiovascular surgeries.Learn more about Touro's cardiovascular care
Orthopedic and Spine Center
Touro is proud to participate in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMs)’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model. The Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model aims to improve the care experience for the many and growing numbers of Medicare beneficiaries who receive joint replacements, making the patient’s successful surgery and recovery a top priority for the health care system.
Senior Emergency Care
As an Accredited Geriatric Emergency Department, Touro’s approach to senior care allows us to provide extraordinary, customized care to our senior patients. Seniors who visit our emergency department can be assured that the facility has the necessary expertise, equipment, and personnel in place to provide exceptional care.
Touro clinics urologists are known for their experience and precision. Our team of experts treat all urological conditions and offer the most advanced surgical options available. We understand the sensitivity of urological conditions – that is why our patients’ well-being and privacy are top priorities for our physicians and staff.