New Orleans Senior Services
Assistance & resources for senior citizens
Older adults and their caregivers often require additional support with the everyday challenges of aging. Touro provides continuity of care for seniors at Woldenberg Village, a premier retirement community offering a variety of living accommodations, services, and programs to meet the varied needs of seniors at different stages of life.
In both the hospital and the outpatient setting, our senior services target specific needs such as:
- Special concerns of later life including incontinence, falls, and mobility and memory problems
- Social and environmental issues
- Preventive services & behaviors
- Caregiver and family concerns
This comprehensive catalog of services addresses every concern and need you or your loved one may have. All of our senior services are provided with care and respect by trained professionals with extensive experience in the field.
Additional senior services offered by Touro include:
- Driver Assessment Program: A specially trained Touro occupational therapist offers patients a clinical screening, an in-car evaluation, and driver’s training with adapted equipment for both new and experienced drivers. Recommendations regarding performance, future needs, adaptive equipment (if needed), and suggested therapy or activities that may be useful are prepared for the client and the referring physician.
- Fall Prevention Education: Touro is dedicated to educating older adults on the importance of fall prevention by providing free community outreach seminars.
- CarFit: A team of trained professionals works with each participant to ensure they “fit” their vehicle properly for maximum comfort and safely. A CarFit check takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- Prime Years Program: Touro's Prime Years is a program designed to help adults age 55+ lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Touro Wellness Center: Seniors can enjoy weekly fitness classes and a discounted rate.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services: Touro’s Back in Action program provides orthopaedic rehabilitation to help patients resume home, community, and work activities; prevent injury; and control pain.